Applications will be accepted until June 21, 2013. To apply, please visithttps://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=50690&fromSearch=true.
AmeriCorps program benefits include a living stipend, health insurance, childcare assistance if eligible, training, and an education award upon successful completion of service term. The service term begins September 1, 2013 and ends July 15, 2014.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively and independently in written and oral form with a variety of community groups, agencies, and officials
- Lift up to 40 lbs.
- Experience in emergency management, community involvement, and/or education preferred but not required
- Be a US citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Be 18-25 years of age at the start date of the service term
- High school diploma or GED
- Pass required criminal background checks
- Not be listed on the National Sex Offender Public Registry
- Living stipend of $1,155 per month (before taxes)
- Training and experience
- Subsidized childcare (if qualified)
- Health Insurance (member only and if no other health insurance coverage)
- Student loan forbearance (on qualifying loans)
- $5,550 Education Award provided by National Service Trust (upon successful completion of service term commitment and 1700 hours of service)
Visit http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps for more information about AmeriCorps. If you have questions about the AmeriCorps service member position or project, contact Denise Rowlett at email@example.com or call (360) 875-9338.