top of page


When do I need to have a Concealed Pistol License?

RCW 9.41.050 requires you to have a Concealed Pistol License when:

  • You are carrying a pistol concealed on your person or,

  • You are carrying or placing a loaded pistol in a vehicle.

Where do I apply for a Concealed Pistol License?

  • If you live in the unincorporated area of Pacific County you must apply online by clicking the green button below.

  • If you live in an incorporated city within the county, you may follow the directions above or inquire at your city police department.

  • Non-Washington residents must apply online by clicking the link below.

Conceal Pistol
Willapa Trails
Gun in holster in front on USA flag
Gun clips and bullets on table
Beach picture
Woman shooting gun
Gun and ammo
Radar Lake
handgun and ammo

How much does it cost?

Concealed Pistol License fees listed below are in addition to the online convenience fees paid when submitting your online application.  Please note that all fees are non-refundable.

  • Original application: $56.34 credit card through online payment, or $54.25 cash or check.

  • Renewal application: $38.52 credit card through online payment, or $37.00 cash or check.

  • Late renewal application (up to 90 days AFTER expiration): $48.85 credit card through online payment, or $47.00 cash or check.

  • Replacement application: $15.80 credit card through online payment, or $15.00 cash or check.

Are there any requirements that must be met?

Yes.  The following requirements must be met:

  • Resident of Pacific County or a non-Washington resident

  • 21 years of age or older at time of application

  • United States citizen or have an alien firearms license issued by the State of Washington Department of Licensing in Olympia; their phone number is (360) 664-6616

  • No pending trial, appeal or sentencing on a prohibitive charge

  • No outstanding warrants for any charge, from any court

  • No court order or injunction against possessing a firearm

  • No mental health prohibitors

  • No felony convictions

  • No convictions for any of the following crimes when committed by one family member against another on or after July 1, 1993:

  • Assault IV

  • Coercion

  • Stalking

  • Reckless Endangerment

  • Criminal Trespass in the first degree

  • Violation of the provisions of a protection order or no-contact order restraining the person or excluding the person from the residence

How long is my Concealed Pistol License valid?

Your Concealed Pistol License is valid for five years from the date your license is issued.  You will not receive a renewal notice and it is your responsibility to ensure your license has not expired.

What if I want to renew my Concealed Pistol License but it is more than 90 days expired?

If your Concealed Pistol License expired more than 90 days ago and you wish to renew your license, your application will be processed as an original application, NOT a late renewal.  You will need to be fingerprinted and pay the fee for an original application.  Be sure to check “Original application” NOT “Late renewal of license” on the Concealed Pistol License online  application.

Is there a background check?

Yes, a criminal history background check will be conducted before your Concealed Pistol License is issued.

Do I need to be fingerprinted?

If you are submitting an original application, you must be fingerprinted before your Concealed Pistol License is issued.  You are not required to be re-printed if you are submitting an application for a renewal, late renewal, or replacement license.  

How long does it take before I receive my license?

If you are applying for your first Concealed Pistol License, it may take up to 30 days to complete the background check before the license is issued.  If you do not have a Washington driver’s license or identification card it can take up to 60 days.  We will mail the Concealed Pistol License to you once the necessary background check has been conducted and your application has been approved.  Please make sure that your current mailing address is included on your application.

What if I lose my Concealed Pistol License?

If your Concealed Pistol License has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, you may obtain a replacement license. Fill out the Concealed Pistol License online application and choose “Replacement” on the website.  The fee for a replacement license is $15.00 + convenience fee.  The expiration date will remain the same as it was on your original license.

Does Washington have reciprocity for Concealed Pistol Licenses with any other states?

Washington has reciprocity or accepts Concealed Pistol Licenses issued by a number of other states, so long as the handgun is carried in accordance with Washington law. The Washington State Attorney General’s website provides a list of those states that have reciprocity with Washington for Concealed Pistol Licenses.

bottom of page